Never lose valuable information - simply write your data to tape.
- Data is backed up and written to physical tapes for future retrieval
- Back up your data daily, weekly and monthly
- Easily restore your data for the last seven days (with older data available on tape)
- Get dedicated back-up tapes
To get Tape Back-up
Call 082 1960 to speak to a
sales consultant, FREE from a
- Features & Benefits
What is Tape Back-up?
- Tape Back-up is a scalable data back-up service developed for business applications and housed in the Vodacom Data Centre.
- This fully-managed service writes your data - including files and databases - to a readable, writable magnetic tape drive for future retrieval.
- It also stores your data virtually for seven days so it can be restored easily in case of loss or system failures.
How much does Tape Back-up cost?
- The cost of this service depends on your business requirements
- To find out how much this service will cost,request a call back
Cost-effective and quick
- Tape is a relatively inexpensive medium that offers unlimited storage capacity
- The cost of storage is also relatively less than that for other back-up storage media
- The solution enables critical data to be backed up quickly
Saves time and effort
As a Tape Back-up customer, you can back up your data to tape automatically on a predefined schedule:
- Daily - with an incremental virtual tape library back-up, which can be accessed virtually for seven days
- Weekly and monthly – with full tape back-ups that are shipped for off-site storage
- You can also trigger data back-up manually at a time of your choice
Offers extra security
- Once backed up, your data is stored in the Vodacom Data Centre.
- It’s a 1000m² facility built specifically to provide the latest in data storage security and reliability
- Has multiple power generators with a 50 000-litre reserve fuel supply, advanced climate control, parallel redundant UPS systems, emergency shutdown systems and advanced fire control systems with early sensing devices
- Uses biometrics, double-access doors, photographic identification and camera technology to ensure that your data is accessible exclusively to users specified by you
- Has a redundant power supply guaranteed by uninterruptible power supply systems with battery back-up
The Tape Back-up solution is compatible with Windows, UNIX, Redhat Linux and SUSE Linux servers. It provides:
- A Virtual Tape Library (VTL)
- A Tape Library
- LT04 Media – backward compatible down to LT02
In the event of a disaster, you will be able to restore seven days’ worth of data directly from the Virtual Tape Back-up library.
Data older than seven days can be recovered from physical tapes; the restoration time depending on data size.
You may also be interested in:
Get personal and vehicle tracking that uses superior GPS tracking technology and comprehensive mapping software.
Monitor multiple remote devices using a base platform, from a central interface.