The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Vodacom Red for Business and Red for Business + Price Plans (“the Price Plans”)
1. These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the standard terms and conditions contained in the Vodacom Contract airtime agreement and Terms and Conditions Booklet or the Master Services Agreement, whichever is applicable, and where any terms and conditions conflict with each other, these Red for Business (+) Price Plans Terms and Conditions will prevail.
2. These Terms and Conditions do not replace any other terms and conditions, agreements or contracts that exist between you and Vodacom.
3. Vodacom reserves the right to modify the Service(s) where reasonably required and may from time to time expand on these Terms and Conditions. You will be bound by all current Terms and Conditions, so please update yourself with them on a regular basis.
The Price Plans
4. The Price Plans with limitless minutes for voice calls and / or SMS may not be used for commercial purposes and are intended for reasonable private and personal use only.
5. Vodacom reserves the right to immediately suspend services if, in Vodacom’s discretion:
i. Your usage is excessive and is outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial or if you employ mechanisms and means not intended for personal use;
ii. You make use of intelligent call routing devices and bulk calling applications.
iii. the SIM card is used in a fixed location or other device to regularly make calls non-compliant devices as specified by the regulating authority, ICASA, are being used on the Vodacom network;
iv. Any bulk calling service for commercial or business purposes is used.
The Red for Business Price Plan
6. The Red for Business (+) Price Plan is subject to a fair usage policy and any extreme usage which may have an impact on the operation of Vodacom’s network may be monitored.
7. Vodacom reserves the right to apply and implement protection measures to safeguard customers’ experience and the Vodacom network against abuse to ensure continuous service quality or sustainability of the service.
8. The following calls are NOT included in the limitless bundle of minutes for voice calls:
i. Bridge Conference Calls
ii. Directory Enquiries / Through Connect portion
iii. International calls
iv. Premium rated calls
v. Roaming services
vi. Premium rated IVR
vii. Premium rated Dicon
viii. Special Short Codes
ix. Video IVR
x. International VAS and Premium services
xi. Travel Talk
xii. Conference Calls
xiii. Call Sponsor (sponsored calls are charged at the sponsored party’s prevailing price plan rate)
9. The bundle of minutes for voice calls included in the Price will be available for use for calls to any local South African network at any time of day. General Service and VAS call rates will be the same as the lodged out of bundle call rate, in accordance with the applicable Red for Business (+) Price Plan.
TExclusions from the Red for Business Price Plan
10. As a Customer on a Red for Business Price Plan that includes a limitless Voice (talktime) and /or SMS offer you will not be allowed to purchase once-off or recurring bundles for the same services as the limitless offer.
11. Calls or connections to Value Added Services (“VAS”) are excluded from the bundle of voice minutes for the Price Plan and will be charged for separately at the current prevailing rate as set out in the applicable price plan.
The Red for Business Price+ Plan
12. Red for Business+ Plans with limitless voice benefits as per below , will be subject to the below FUP’s:-
|Price Plan||FUP (minutes per month)|
|Red Professional +||4 500|
|Red Executive +||7 500|
13. Any extreme usage which may have an impact on the operation of Vodacom’s network may be monitored. Customer will receive notifications of 80% usage and 100% usage after which outbound voice calls will be barred until such time that a voice bundle is purchased. The counter will be reset at the beginning of each calendar month. Vodacom reserves the right to apply and implement protection measures to safeguard customers’ experience and the Vodacom network against abuse to ensure continuous service quality or sustainability of the service.
14. The monthly data allocation will expire at the end of the month following the month in which it was allocated.
15. Data order of consumption will be as follows: -
a) Free/promotional data bundles;
b) Monthly tariff data allocation;
c) Recurring data bundles;
d) Once-off data bundles;
e) Any carryover of data bundle balances from the previous month.
16. Customers on Red for Business (+) Price Plans (including new connections, upgrades and migrations) will qualify for 4 free Data Sharing SIM cards.
17. The Data Sharing SIM cards will be issued on activation of the Red for Business (+) tariff.
18. No SIM connection fee or monthly service fee will apply to Data Sharing SIMs activated.
19. A maximum of 4 Data Sharing SIM cards can be allocated.
20. Any Data Sharing SIM swops required after activation of the contract will be for the customer’s own account
21. Customers migrating to a Price Plan that does not include the free Data Sharing SIMs benefit will be migrated but the benefit will not be carried over. If the customer wishes to retain the Multi Data SIMs service, the customer will be charged the standard monthly service fee per Multi Data SIM once migrated to the new Price Plan that does not include this benefit.
22. The limitless SMS option available on selected Red for Business Price Plans will include national SMS to any local South African network, subject to the exclusions in 29 below.
23. All SMS usage is subject to a fair usage policy and any extreme usage which may have an impact on the operation of Vodacom’s network may be monitored. Vodacom reserves the right to apply and implement protection measures to safeguard customers’ experience and the Vodacom network against abuse to ensure continuous service quality or sustainability of the service.
24. SMSs may not be used as part of any bulk SMS sending service for commercial or business purposes.
25. Red for Business Price Plans and SMS bundles are not available to WASP and content providers and cannot be used for bulk message sending.
26. If the SIM card is used in a fixed geographic location to regularly send bulk SMSs to multiple numbers, the service will be suspended immediately.
27. Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse and/or where non-compliant devices as specified by the regulating body ICASA are being used on the Vodacom network.
28. The limitless SMS offer on Red for Business Price Plan(s) may not be used for commercial purposes. Any use of this offer outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial use and in instances through mechanisms and means not intended for personal use or the anticipated purpose of the offer will be considered as abuse
29. The following SMS categories shall be excluded from the limitless SMS offer:
ii. Premium rated
iii. Content services
iv. VAS services
30. The limitless SMS allocation will be available for the duration of the contract and/or while on any of the specific Red for Business Price Plans which offer limitless SMS as part of the standard price plan.
31. Red for Business+ Price Plans with a limitless SMS allocation will be subject to an acceptable usage policy.
32. All SMS usage is subject to a fair usage policy of 9 000 SMS messages per month. Customer will receive notifications of 80% usage and 100% usage after which outbound SMS messages will be barred until such time that an SMS bundle is purchased. The counter will be reset at the beginning of each calendar month. Any extreme usage which may have an impact on the operation of our network may be monitored. Vodacom reserves the right to apply and implement protection measures to safeguard customers’ experience and the Vodacom network against abuse to ensure continuous service quality or sustainability of the service.
33. Customers on Red for Business (+) Price Plans will be able to roam at preferential rates in selected countries. The participating countries, zones and applicable rates are annexed hereto and form part of these terms and conditions. Bundled Minutes, SMS and Data do not apply whilst roaming.
34. Customers on Red for Business (+) Price Plans will be able to roam subject to standard business rules for all other roaming destinations. Bundled Minutes, SMS and Data do not apply whilst roaming.
35. Customers on Red for Business (+) Price Plans will be able to make international calls at preferential rates to selected countries. The applicable countries and rates per zone are available at www.vodacom.co.za. Bundled Minutes, SMS and Data do not apply for international calling.
36. Exclusions from the Red for Business (+) Price Plan
More Weekend Minutes will be excluded from all Red for Business (+) Price Plans.
The table below displays participating countries and the zones they fall under. The table will be updated accordingly as and when rates and changes are made:
|CHILE||PAPUA NEW GUINEA|
|HONDURAS||TURKS AND CAICOS|
|ICELAND||UNITED ARAB EMIRATES|
|AFGHANISTAN||CHINA||ISLE OF MAN||NETHERLANDS||SLOVENIA|
|ALAND ISLANDS||COLOMBIA||ISRAEL||NEW CALEDONIA||SOLOMON ISLANDS|
|ALASKA||COOK ISLANDS||ITALY||NEW ZEALAND||SOMALIA|
|ALGERIA||COSTA RICA||JAPAN||NICARAGUA||SOUTH KOREA|
|ANDORRA||COTE D'IVOIRE||JERSEY||NIGER||SOUTH SUDAN|
|ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA||DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO||KAZAKHSTAN||NORWAY||SRI LANKA|
|AUSTRIA||ECUADOR||LAOS||PAPUA NEW GUINEA||SYRIA|
|BARBADOS||FAROE ISLANDS||LIECHTENSTEIN||PUERTO RICO||THURAYA|
|BELGIUM||FRANCE||LUXEMBOURG||REPUBLIC OF CONGO||TOGO|
|BELIZE||FRENCH GUYANA||MACAU||REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA||TONGA|
|BENIN||FRENCH POLYNESIA||MACEDONIA||REUNION||TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO|
|BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA||GIBRALTAR||MALDIVES||SAINT BARTHELEMY||UNITED STATES|
|BOTSWANA||GREECE||MALI||SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS||URUGUAY|
|BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS||GRENADA||MARTINIQUE||SAINT MARTIN||VANUATU|
|BRUNEI||GUADELOUPE||MAURITANIA||SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES||VENEZUELA|
|BURKINA FASO||GUATEMALA||MEXICO||SAN MARINO||YEMEN|
|BURUNDI||GUERNSEY||MONGOLIA||SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE|
|CAYMAN ISLANDS||IRAN||NEPAL||SIERRA LEONE|
|CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC||IRELAND||NETHERLAND ANTILLES||SLOVAK REPUBLIC|
The table below provides the Red Travel Saver rates across all 3 zones
|ZONE 1||ZONE 2||ZONE 3|
|Daily Fee||N/A||N/A||R 30.00|
|Voice per min||R 2.50||R 7.50||R 10.00|
|Data per MB||R 2.00||R 7.50||R 1.00|
|SMS||R 0.80||R 2.00||R 2.00|
The table below provides the Red for Business+ Fair Usage Policy detail:
|Red Entry||N/A||9 000|
|Red Business +||N/A||9 000|
|Red Professional +||4 500 mins/month||9 000|
|Red Executive +||7 500 mins/month||9 000|
Red for Business Roaming Data Bundles
1. By subscribing to a Red for Business+ price plan you will be allocated with the Red for Business Roaming Data Bundles in accordance with the bundle allocations below.
2. Bundle allocations:
Red Value+ - 50MB
Red Business+ - 100MB
Red Professional+ - 200MB
Red Executive+ - 300MB
3. The bundle is available for roaming in Travel Saver Zone 1 countries only
4. Red for Business+ price plans are only available to Business customers
5. These Red for Business Roaming Data Bundles are available exclusively on Red for Business+ price plans
6. Red for Business Roaming Data Bundle has a validity of 30 days
7. Roaming Bundles or any remaining data allocation cannot be extended, carried over or transferred
8. Benefits are available to new and existing Red for Business+ customers
9. You will be billed at Red Travel Saver rates once the Red for Business Roaming Data Bundle is depleted