These are the terms and conditions of Your Vodacom Business Screen Insurance Policy. It is important that You read and keep this document in a safe place. The insurer/underwriter is Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited, a licensed non-life insurer in terms of section 23 of the Insurance Act 18 of 2017. Finrite Administrators (Pty) Ltd, an authorised financial services provider (FSP No: 46042), has been appointed to administer this Policy.
Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited
Reg. No. 2011/117744/06
082 Vodacom Boulevard, Vodacom Corporate Park Midrand, 1685
Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited (The Insurer) agrees to provide insurance in terms of this Policy during any period of insurance for which it accepts a premium. The Insurer appoints Finrite Administrators (Pty) Ltd (the Administrator) to handle all policy related queries, administration and claims. This specific cover is limited to Screen Damage only claims.
Vodacom Business Screen Insurance is only available as part of pre-defined deals. This product cannot be purchased as a standalone offer.
- "Accident" means known and identifiable unintended sudden and unforeseen event. âAccidentalâ has the corresponding meaning.
- "Accidental Damage" means physical damage or destruction of the Device caused by an Accident.
- "Device" means the Cellphone or Laptop or Tablet, or Specified Insured Extra identified via the International Mobile Equipment Identity number or via the serial number, which is used by the Authorised User and specified as the item insured under this Policy.
- "Contract Subscriber" means a Vodacom customer who has entered into a Subscriber Agreement with Vodacom.
- "Cooling-off period" means the period of 30 (thirty) days from inception of this Policy during which you are entitled to cancel this insurance Policy, by sending Us written cancellation notice or by phoning Us at 082 1952
- "Maximum Limit of Indemnity" means the maximum amount that We will pay out to repair or replace the damaged screen of the insured Device and will not be greater than R 5000 (five thousand rand).
- "Policy" means this agreement between You and Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited, together with the schedule hereto.
- "Policyholder", "You", "Your" is the person in whose name the Policy is issued.
- "Screen" refers to the display or display assembly or LCD or touchscreen components located at the front of the device
- "SIM Card" for Contract Subscribers means the SIM Card encoded with the cellular telephone number listed on Your Policy schedule and issued in terms of the Vodacom Subscriber Agreement. For Prepaid Subscribers this means the Prepaid SIM Card encoded with the cellular telephone number listed on Your Policy schedule and issued in terms of a Vodacom PrePaid starter pack.
- "Subscriber Agreement" means the contract entered into between You and Vodacom pursuant to which Your SIM Card is activated by Vodacom and Your Device is enabled on the Vodacom cellular telecommunications service and any related services on the Vodacom network.
- "Vodacom" means Vodacom (Pty) Ltd
- "Vodacom Deal" means the deal entered into between You and Vodacom pursuant to which Your SIM Card is activated by Vodacom and Your device is enabled on the Vodacom cellular telecommunications service and any related services on the Vodacom network.
- "We", "Us" refers to the insurer, Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited or the administrator, Finrite Administrators (Pty) Ltd, as applicable.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT:
YOUR CLAIM WILL NOT BE PAID IF THE VODACOM SIM CARD LISTED ON YOUR POLICY SCHEDULE IS NOT IN USE WITH THE INSURED DEVICE AT THE TIME OF ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE TO THE SCREEN OF THE INSURED DEVICE.
What are you covered for
If the Screen of Your Insured Device is cracked or damaged, we will pay the repair cost up to a maximum of R5000 (five thousand rand) per repair claim.
- Maximum claim limits apply:
- If You received 12 months of cover as part of a Vodacom Deal, a maximum of 1 claim will be paid over the 12 month period;
- If You received 24 months of cover as part of a Vodacom Deal, a maximum of 2 claims will be paid over the 24 month period
- All repairs must be done at a repair centre approved by Vodacom Insurance (RF) Limited and will be done in accordance with the standard repair process.
- Please note that the repairs to your Screen may affect the device warranty therefore you are liable to verify this with the respective manufacturer.
- This Policy only covers the Screen of the Insured Device and cannot be transferred to another device.
What are you not covered for
- We will not pay out if Your device is stolen or lost.
- We will not pay out for any repairs to the Screen if there is any liquid damage to the insured device
- We will not pay for any additional accessories including but not restricted to screen covers, carrying cases, or any other equipment used in conjunction with the Insured Device.
- We will not pay for any other repairs to the device except for the repairs to the Screen in all instances, whether the other repair is related to the cracked/damaged Screen or not. You will have to pay for the cost of such repairs.
- We will not pay for a Screen repair if the repair to the Screen does not place the Insured device in working condition.
- We will not cover You for any repairs covered under the device manufacturer warranty;
- We will not pay for normal wear and tear, including scratches;
How to Claim
- All claims must be submitted to Us in writing within 30(thirty) days of Your screen getting cracked or shattered. Claim forms are available at any Vodacom shop or can be accessed on our website at vodacom.co.za/insurance. You can also call Us on 082 1952. All completed claim forms must be emailed to: [email protected]
- The Insured Device must be taken to a repair centre approved by Us in order to be assessed.
- In the event that the claim is approved We will reimburse the authorised repair centre directly for the value of the repairs up to a maximum of R5000 (five thousand rand). No payment will be made directly to You.
- In the event of Your claim being the subject of a dispute or is rejected by Us You may make representation to Us using the following email address: [email protected]. If You are still dissatisfied with the outcome of Your claim, You are entitled to approach the Short Term Insurance Ombudsman at:
- You have 90 (ninety) days from the date of receipt of the notice of rejection or dispute from Us to lodge such representation. In the event of a dispute being unresolved You must take legal action by way of summons against Us within 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days after expiry of the initial 90 (ninety) day period, failing which You will forfeit Your claim and no liability can arise in terms of such a claim.
- Should You fail to collect a Device which has been repaired or replaced within 60 (sixty) days from date of booking in the Insured Device, You will forfeit the claim and the Device will be sold or returned to stock to defray expenses.
Excess payable by You when claiming
The excess: The excess is the first amount payable by You and is set out below.
- The excess: You will pay an excess of R150 upon every successful claim.
- If the repair or replacement cost is greater than the Maximum Limit of Indemnity of R5000 (five thousand rand), You will have to pay the difference.
What must you remember?
This Policy only covers the insured Device(s), used TOGETHER WITH the Vodacom SIM Card listed on Your Policy schedule. It is Your responsibility to let Us know in writing by emailing us at [email protected] or by phoning Us on 082 1952, if You are changing or upgrading Your Device insured under this Policy. In such instances this may lead to a new Policy, a change in premium and benefits and Policy terms and conditions.
Cancellation and termination of the Policy
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing and emailed to [email protected] or by phoning Us on 082 1952.
- Your Policy will automatically terminate in the following instances:
- If You received 12 months of cover as part of a Vodacom Deal and you have reached the end of this 12 month period. In the event that Your Vodacom Deal is terminated or cancelled or suspended for any reason You will no longer enjoy the Screen Insurance benefit.
- At the end of your Vodacom Subscription Contract.
- We have the right to cancel Your Policy subject to 30 (thirty) daysâ notice, either in writing or telephonically.
- No rights to other persons
You may not transfer any rights under this Policy to any third party.
- Misrepresentation, non-disclosure or false declaration
- Any material misrepresentation, non-disclosure or false declaration shall render the Policy as a whole, voidable from date of inception at the instance of the insurer. In such an event:
- You will be liable to reimburse any amounts paid to You under this Policy to Us; and
- We will not be obliged to pay any claim lodged under this Policy.
- If there are false declarations made at the time of claiming which results in fraud, all benefits under this Policy shall be forfeited and Your Policy will be cancelled with immediate effect.
- Report all claims to:
Finrite Administrators (Pty) Ltd
Tel: 082 1952
Fax: 011 546 9000
Email: [email protected]
- Confidentiality and sharing of information
- It is important to note that when You engage with us, You acknowledge that We require Your personal information, as defined in Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (PoPIA) and other related regulation and need to process such personal information to provide products or services to You for purposes including to confirm, update and enhance our records, to confirm Your identity and additional purposes as detailed in our Privacy Notice.
- By taking out this policy, you hereby authorize Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Ltd to obtain personal information from You, and when required, to share it with Our third party service providers for the purposes of providing the services and benefits to which this Policy relates.
- Your personal information will be stored, processed and used only by our service providers to the extent that is necessary to provide the contracted services.
- Please refer to our Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Ltd: Privacy Notice https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/privacy-policy/insurance-company for a description of how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information when you use our products and services and our website.