By using the Wi-Fi Calling Service, you agree to these terms and conditions:
1. All standard Terms and Conditions of Vodacom (Pty) Ltd applies to the Wi-Fi Calling service and the Wi-Fi Calling bundles.
2. All prices and usage rates advertised include VAT, unless otherwise stated.
The Wi-Fi Calling service
1. The Wi-Fi Calling service is only available on Wi-Fi Calling enabled devices, and only to:
a. All enterprise customers on PostPaid, TopUp and Prepaid packages
b. Consumer customers of Prepaid and Top Up packages
2. A list of Wi-Fi Calling enabled devices can be viewed at https://www.vodacombusiness.co.za/business/home
3. When calling from South Africa, Wi-Fi Calls can only be made where Vodacom cellular network is minimal or absent. This applies even when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi connection.
4. When calling from outside of South Africa, you can make Wi-Fi Calls when roaming is not activated and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Should roaming be active, you will only be able to make a Wi-Fi Call when your roaming network signal strength is minimal or absent.
5. Before you can use this service, you must:
a. Have an active Vodacom SIM;
b. have VoLTE activated on your Vodacom SIM;
c. Install the applicable Wi-Fi Calling software on your Wi-Fi Calling enabled device;
d. have access to a Wi-Fi network which is secure;
e. have the required airtime value or voice minutes;
f. Ensure the applicable Wi-Fi Calling "icon" is displayed on your device, prior to attempting to use the Wi-Fi Calling services;
g. Connect to a Wi-Fi network which allows Wi-Fi calling and is secure.
6. Vodacom shall not be held liable for any charges incurred in the event that a call is made or SMS sent when not connected to a Wi-Fi network/hotspot.
7. Refer to the Wi-Fi Calling Activation Guide which can be found at https://www.vodacombusiness.co.za/business/home.
8. Vodacom cannot guarantee that the Wi-Fi network (other than Vodacom Wi-Fi) to which you are connected is Wi-Fi calling enabled.
9. The Wi-Fi Calling Service is dependent on the availability of a Wi-Fi connection and the strength of such Wi-Fi connection and will affect the
Wi-Fi Calling Service. As a result, Vodacom is not responsible for, and does not guarantee, the availability or quality of the Wi-Fi Calling service and will not be liable for any claims of whatever nature.
10. When making a Wi-Fi call, should you move away from or out or range of the Wi-Fi signal zone to a LTE zone, your call will not drop and will continue on LTE.
11. When making a Wi-Fi call, should you move away from -or out of range of the Wi-Fi signal zone to a 3G or 2G zone, your call will terminate and Vodacom shall not be liable for any claims of whatever nature.
12. In the event of a weak Wi-Fi network signal, your Wi-Fi call will be handed over to a standard circuit switch network call should you be in a
LTE zone and standard voice call charges will apply, alternatively, the call will terminate. If you use a Wi-Fi enabled device, and have access to the Wi-Fi Calling service, you may send SMS's over the Wi-Fi network, if available.
13. You acknowledge that by making use of the Wi-Fi Calling service, you are aware that devices using wireless connections may be vulnerable ensure the wireless network which you make use of is secure before attempting to connect to it in order to make use of this the Wi-Fi Calling service. Vodacom shall will not be held liable for claims of whatever nature arising from any unauthorized access to or use of or loss of data, software and/or personal information in this instance.
14. All emergency service calls will connect by means of the circuit switch network and standard charges, if any, will apply.
International Roaming and Wi-Fi calling
1. You do not require activation of international roaming on your device in order for you to use the Wi-Fi Calling service while you are outside of South Africa.
2. In order to make use of the Wi-Fi Calling service, you need to be connected to a secured Wi-Fi network/hotspot and have the relevant airtime value available or voice bundle.
3. All Wi-Fi calls made and SMS's sent will automatically deplete from your available Vodacom tariff plan.
4. You are responsible to ensure that you are connected to a secured Wi-Fi network while making use of the Wi-Fi Calling services. Should you not connect to a secure Wi-Fi network while outside of South Africa you will not be able to use the Wi-Fi Calling Service. If you have activated international roaming services and do not connect to a secure Wi-Fi network standard international roaming charges will apply.
5. You are responsible to ensure that the applicable Wi-Fi Calling "icon" is displayed on your device, before attempting to use the Wi-Fi Calling services abroad. Vodacom will not be held liable for any charges incurred in the event that a call is made or SMS sent when not connected to a Wi-Fi network/hotspot.
Charges relating to the Wi-Fi Calling service
1. In order to make use of the Wi-Fi Calling service, you are required to have the relevant airtime value or voice bundle available.
2. Wi-Fi Calls and SMS's will deplete from your available Vodacom tariff plan voice or SMS bundle or your Free/inclusive airtime value, where applicable.
3. If no Free or inclusive airtime value or if no voice bundle are available at the time that the Wi-Fi Calling service is used, out of bundle charges for usage will apply to postpaid customers.
4. When you connect to a Vodacom Wi-Fi network and make a Wi-Fi call, data will be zero-rated. However, standard data charges will apply when making a Wi-Fi call if you are connected to another network providerâs Wi-Fi network.
5. Wi-Fi Calling is a Voice and SMS only service. When you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, the data bundle applicable to the relevant Wi-Fi network will be depleted.
Exclusions to the Wi-Fi Calling service
1. Wi-Fi call handover is not enabled between Wi-Fi and 3G/2G networks, and vice versa.
2. International roaming, by default, will not be enabled. You will be required to contact Vodacom and enable international roaming before to travelling abroad.
3. You will not be able to send MMSs over the Wi-Fi network while using the Wi-Fi Calling service.
1. Any valued added services added to the account will be deducted from your available airtime value for Prepaid and TopUp customers.
2. You will be charges for all Premium rated or special number calls and MMSs as out of bundle usage according to the applicable tariff plan.
3. Data and/or airtime value is required on the Wi-Fi network to make a Wi-Fi call.
4. All standard terms and conditions in respect of your applicable standard tariff plan will apply.
5. You acknowledge that the Wi-Fi Calling service may not be supported by all Wi-Fi networks/hotspots and Vodacom will not be liable for any claims of whatever nature in this regard.
6. Vodacom may, in its sole discretion, amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions on notice to you and should you continue to participate in and / or make use of the Wi-Fi Calling service, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
7. You hereby indemnify Vodacom, its directors, affiliates, employees and agents against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from their use of the Wi-Fi Calling service.
8. Vodacom may with or without notice to you, in its sole discretion, withdraw the Wi-Fi Calling service and you will have no claim of whatever nature against Vodacom.
Privacy and Data Protection- how we use your information
Collecting your personal information
We can get your personal information when you:
1. Buy a product or service from us (including buying products online, over the phone and in a retail store or other retail outlet)
2. Register for a specific product or service (such as registering your name and address details for a Pay as you go phone or setting up an email account with us)
4. Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
5. Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
6. Use our network and other Vodafone products or services
7. Visit or browse our website or other Vodafone Group websites
8. We may also collect information about you from other organisations, if this is appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies. With your permission or consent and/or as permitted by law, we may also collect information about you from other companies, our business, or joint venture partners.
Understanding what you want
10. This, in turn, helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. See the next section for more details.
12. The personal information we collect
13. The information we collect about you depends on the Vodacom and Vodafone products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but isnât limited to) the following:
14. Your name, date of birth, home language, address, and email address
15. Your preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are â or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services
16. Your contact with us â such as a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us
17. Your account information â such as phone number, handset type, handset model, whether you are a prepaid or post paid customer, dates of payment owed and received, TopUp information, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account
18. Weâll also get information on how you use our products and services, such as:
19. The phone numbers that you call or send messages to (or the phone numbers that you receive these calls and messages from)
20. The date, time and length of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your approximate location at the time these communications take place
21. The level of service you receive â for example, network faults and other network events which may affect our network services
22. Your website browsing information (which includes information about the websites you visit, and about how you use our website or other Vodafone Group websites on your mobile or a PC
23. The date, time and length of your internet browsing, and your approximate location at the time of browsing
Using your personal information
24. We may use and analyse your information to:
25. Process the goods and services youâve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress
26. Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
27. Provide the relevant service or product to you. This includes other services not included in your agreement with us, and services that use information about where you are when using your mobile equipment (location information) and to contact you with messages about changes to the service or product
28. Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services. These include your calling and messaging activities, location information and browsing information (unless you choose not to receive these messages)
29. Bill you for using our products or services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you
30. Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our network, products or services
31. Let you know about other companies' products and services we think may interest you (including offers and discounts weâve specially negotiated for our customers).
32. Protect our network and manage the volume of calls, texts and other use of our network. For example, we identify peak periods of use so we can try and ensure the network can handle the volume at those times
33. Understand how you use our network, products and services. That way, we can develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as personalising the products and services we offer you
34. Carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how customers use our network, products and services on an anonymous or personal basis
35. Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money
36. Provide aggregated reports to third parties (such reports do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual).
37. The information we use will be your approximate location, based on the nearest mobile cell site. As a result, this will change as you move around with your mobile phone.
38. Weâll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If thereâs no legal requirement, weâll only store it for as long as we need it.
Sharing your personal information
40. Companies in the Vodacom and Vodafone Group (Vodafone Group Plc and any company or other organisation in which Vodafone Group Plc owns more than 15% of the share capital)
41. Partners or agents involved in delivering the products and services youâve ordered or used
42. Partners or agents that conduct network performance and customer satisfaction surveys and any other surveys related to the products or services provided to you
43. Companies who are engaged to perform services for, on behalf of Vodacom (Pty) Ltd including Vodafone Limited, or the Vodafone Group
44. Where applicable, credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies
45. Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations
46. Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law
47. Emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location
48. Weâll release information if itâs reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
49. If weâre reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
50. We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside South Africa. This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside South Africa, or if our services are hosted in systems or servers in Vodafone Operating Companies outside South Africa including Europe or India and/or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
51. At your option, we may also share your information with partner organisations weâve chosen carefully, so they can contact you about their products and services.
52. Keeping your personal information secure
53. We have specialised security teams who constantly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
54. If we have a contract with another organisation to provide us with services or a service on our behalf to process your personal information, weâll make sure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way weâve authorised them to. These organisations wonât be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. If necessary, our security teams will check them to make sure they meet the security requirements weâve set.
55. Communications over the internet (such as emails) arenât secure unless theyâve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered â as this is the nature of the internet. We canât accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information thatâs beyond our control.
How to opt-out
56. If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please contact our customer services team and youâll be âopted outâ. (You can get in touch with customer services through the Contact Us page on our site.)