Corporate APNs offer you the ability to configure various settings such as IP address ranges, static or dynamic addressing as well as authentication techniques
- Subscribers that are connected via a Corporate APN are only visible to other devices on the same APN
- This makes APNs a superior solution in terms of data security when compared to using the public internet APN or any other shared internet access
- When an APN is used in conjunction with fixed-line backhaul terminating at a customer’s data centre, the organizations data remains on the customer’s private data network between the remote terminal and the data centre
- The APN solution thus offers a secure mobile VPN
- This architecture offers considerably more security than the typical VPN solution that uses a VPN server in conjunction with a software VPN client since the VPN session data traverses the public internet and it is hence more vulnerable.
- APNs offer a cost effective mobile VPN solution due to the ability to aggregate usage as well as the competitive data pricing
- In addition APNs applied as part of a mobile VPN solution benefit from having mobile users conform to security and usage policies – this feature limits abuse and improves cost effectiveness
National and global coverage
- Vodacom’s extensive 3G coverage and network reliability means that mobile users will have fast and secure access across the country
- Vodacom’s extensive global partner network offers APN users’ access to their APN across the globe
- For VPN applications it translates into seamless access to all the organization’s applications and data, conveniently and securely virtually anywhere in the world
Vodacom Business offers extensive products to complement the APN solution, these include internet access, access solutions (fibre, diginet & microwave), hosting and SAAS. Our extensive product range allows Vodacom to provide a one-stop shop to our customers to provide a complete end-to-end service.
Our Vodacom Business sales team includes dedicated solutions specialists to advise and assist customers with a complete solution design. Our dedicated support teams offer specialised support and assistance for APNs.
Vodacom Spend Manager for Corporate APNs
Vodacom Spend Manager is a mobile telecommunication spend and analysis tool which provides customers with online, near real-time information on their mobile spend across all voice devices, mobile APNs, data devices and telemetry devices.
Vodacom Spend Manager helps to:
- Manage spend
- Eliminate abuse
- Simplify reporting and admin or plan for deployment of any mobile device
- The service is fully hosted and managed by Vodacom
- You can simply log in to an online web portal from anywhere to access the easy-to-use interface
LTE speeds now available on Vodacom APNs
As an LTE user, you can now enjoy LTE speeds when connecting to your Company’s APN. This means faster mobile connectivity for you. Because upload speed is also faster, transferring large files is quicker. This is a free service.
- Set the device to the LTE/4G preferred option
- The device will automatically switch to the LTE network when you are within an LTE coverage area
For more information on LTE click here