Bank Card Purchase Terms & Conditions for Vodacom Business Customers
By using the Vodacom Bank Card Purchase service (‘the Payment Capability”) you agree that you have read, understood and are bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The Payment Capability is available to you as a Contract Customer in respect of corporate accounts held with Vodacom for USSD, My Vodacom Web portal and My Vodacom app purchases.
2. You can buy airtime, voice bundles, data bundles and pay for these via your debit or credit card from supporting banks.
2.1. You can purchase data bundles using your credit card for yourself and another Contract customer
2.2. You can purchase airtime, voice bundles, and Data bundles using your credit card for other Hybrid/Top Up customers
3. The following Banks support this Payment Capability:
3.1. Absa debit and credit card;
3.2. Standard bank debit and credit card;
3.3. First National Bank debit and credit card;
3.4. Nedbank credit cards;
3.5. Bidvest debit and credit cards; or
3.6. Capitec debit and credit card.
4. You can purchase both once-off and recurring bundles using your credit card or debit card.
Recurring Data Bundles Purchase Conditions
5. You will not be able to cancel your recurring bundle purchase using Credit Card on My Vodacom web or My Vodacom App.
5.1. In order to cancel the recurring bundle, call 082 1940.
5.2. You will be asked a few questions in order to verify you are the card holder.
6. Your bundle purchase will not be subject to pro-rating. The bundle will be auto-purchased every 30 days and will expire after 30 days from the day it was activated but any remaining data will carry-over for an additional 30 days thereafter. Should the 1st day of the month fall on a Sunday, your recurring bundle will be activated on the Friday prior to the Sunday date.
7. You will not be able to purchase multiple recurring data bundles unless they are of different bundle sizes. For example, you can activate a recurring 2GB bundle as well as another 1GB bundle on your line should you wish to do so.
8. You will be able to purchase any number of once-off data bundles even when a recurring bundle is active (subject to the bank limits previously stated).
9. If your first purchase/activation of the recurring bank card data bundle is on the 29th or 30th of any month, then the new allocation will be on the 29th or 30th of every subsequent month, excepting February in non-leap years; where the allocation will take place on the 28th of February. In a leap year, the bundle will be allocated on the 29th of February. After this the Recurrence will resume the normal recurrence on either the 29th or 30th of the month respectively.
10. If your first purchase is on the 31st of any month, then the new allocation date will be the last day of any subsequent calendar month.
11. Should you have insufficient funds on the bank card, on the day the bundle is set to re-occur and allocate, Vodacom will make one attempt on the card to detect and deduct the bundle price from the bank card.
12. Should the attempt to capture the payment be unsuccessful, the recurring bundle will be cancelled and you will have to activate the bundle again should you wish to do so.
13. Any bank charges incurred during the unsuccessful attempt to deduct funds from the bank card will be for your account and you will be liable for payment.
Bank Card Purchase Conditions by Self-Service Channel
USSD Purchase Condition (Determined by banks in order ensure safety of your transactions)
14. You must process a credit card payment from the same cell phone number linked to the bank card on the bank’s database.
15. You will not be able to purchase a bundle using your FNB bank card.
16. In order to use your Capitec bank card, you need to enable your card for online purchase through your bank and ensure the e-commerce limit has been lifted.
17. You will not be able to use your bank card if it does not have the full 16 digit card number printed on it.
18. You will be unable to purchase a bundle when using Huawei P30 and Mate20 Pro devices.
19. The following limits will apply when using USSD:
Airtime/Data Bundle: R5000
Airtime Trusted: R4000
Airtime/Data Bundle Trusted: R10000
Airtime/Data Bundle: R2000
Airtime Trusted: R2000
Airtime/Data Bundle Trusted: R4000
20. The above limits will be superseded by any bank/card limits therefore if your banking limit has been reached, it will apply despite the above limits.
Online and App Purchase Conditions (Determined by banks in order ensure safety of your transactions)
21. Your purchase will need to be of a minimum value of R6.
22. Your bank purchase limits will apply for bundle purchases on Online and App.
23. There is no additional service fees from Vodacom but your applicable bank will charge the relevant bank charges/card transaction fees for normal card purchases.
24. These Terms and Conditions do not replace any other terms and conditions, agreements or contracts that exist between you and Vodacom.
25. Vodacom reserves the right to modify the Service(s) where reasonably required and may from time to time expand on these Terms and Conditions and amend the charges. You will be bound by all current Terms and Conditions, so please update yourself with them on a regular basis.
26. The Vodacom Privacy Statement applies to bundle purchases using your bank card. By using purchasing bundles using your bank card, you agree that you have read and understood the Vodacom privacy statement. http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/privacy-policy.
27. Vodacom shall have no liability to you in respect of your use of these services to the extent permitted by law. Vodacom shall not be liable for any losses arising as a result of technical or other failure of the Services and Vodacom does not warrant that the service shall be fault free or free of interruptions.