A Vodacom WASP creates and distributes mobile content to subscribers via our network and infrastructure.
WASPs can generate revenue by providing premium content that subscribers are willing to pay for, such as:
Send promotional and informational content to your subscribers which enables them to make better decisions.
Choose from a variety of non-intrusive mediums - like SMS - to promote your business.
Sell rich-media content; news and traffic updates, ringtones, wallpapers and other mobile downloads.
We have various billing models ranging from per-event (eg: per SMS) and per-second (eg: based on call duration) billing to ongoing subscription services.
You will be charged a connection fee and a monthly access fee as soon as you’re connected to our network.
|Connection fee||R8 334.00 (excl. VAT)|
|Monthly access||R1 320.00 (excl. VAT)|
Your subscribers must be connected to our cellular network to access any of the mobile service offerings such as SMS, MMS, etc.
We will bill your subscribers for the mobile service and pay out a portion of the revenue to you.
Get highly secure anti-virus protection with a world-class anti-spam monitoring system.
Enjoy a reliable, high-speed solution for your business connectivity requirements.
Get Internet that is up to three times faster than 3G.
You can complete a WASP application form and follow the process.
OR Contact WASP Customer Care
To become a WASP, your company must:
• Be registered in the Republic of South Africa
• Have a South African customer care number
• Have a South African bank account
• Have a clear credit record
• Meet the minimum revenue requirements
• Have the following financial documents:
• Confirmation of Supplier name and type of entity
o Company / Close Corporation: Certificate of Incorporation
o Sole Proprietor: Copy of Owner’s Identity Document
o Partnership: Copy of Partnership Agreement and copy of Identity Documents
o Trust: Trust registration document
• Unlimited Surety Document
• VAT Registration or Tax Clearance Certificate
• BEE Certificate or Letter of Exemption with current financial year end turnover and Black shareholding
• Memo Deemed Employees Annexure
• Original Bank Indemnity Form
• New Supplier Creation Form
• Corporate Governance Questionnaire
• Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) Questionnaire by the Vodacom network.
If you don’t meet the requirements to become a WASP
Partner with an existing WASP to develop mobile offerings or contact our WASP Aggregators.
Vodacom is a mobile cellular operator and provides third parties with access to its mobile offering.
Vodacom is responsible only for ensuring the availability of the mobile cellular bearer service.
Vodacom does not take responsibility for the availability, uptime, redundancy, network and system security or set-up and configuration of your routers on your direct link or connectivity via the Internet or VAN.
To be a WASP, you must adhere to the WASPA Code of Conduct which was formulated to prevent bad practices and fraudulent activity.
For more information, please visit: